Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Mid-Winter Night Musing: Part 1


At about 2 am last night, I shut down my laptop after going through a few photos and stuff from my Exchange Program in Paris and the rest of Europe from last year. Some thoughts came to me, and I started putting them down on my cell phone.

I started out writing for myself, and ended up forwarding the following text as a long sms to my family and some of my closest friends:-

"Was just going through some of my Exchange Photos, videos and stuff.

And then, a few scenes of note from childhood onwards started flashing by.

Having seen a fair share of ups and downs, academic and life
experiences, met so many people, traveled to so many different places,
eaten so much food, heard and read people and thinkers of note, been
through and enjoyed some glorious music, dance, theater,sport and
cinema, been influenced by so many personalities,having influenced a
few people to change their life outlook, and made and lost so many
friends...

A strange sort of melancholy hits me this wintry night. What remains
of all of that? What was the purpose of all of that? Why do people do
things the way they do? Why do people love and why do people hate? And
in so many different ways?
What remains of our thoughts, words, emotions, and tears: of joy and despair?

What is my purpose? Why do I live? I have evolved and helped people
through their evolution, but Have I grown up yet?

Is love the ultimate truth? Or knowledge? Or just money? Peace?"

---
After reading that mid winter night's text, I have had some interesting reactions and consequences.

1. A good friend called up at about 2:40 am, probably to enquire if I had already succeeded in completing my suicide or was still on my way.

2. Dad sent an early morning long text. Love what he writes for two reasons:-

1) He writes rather well with solid and powerful logic.
2) He is my Dad.

I have earlier written several letters to him and have been rewarded with profound wisdom and love in his replies. Some of the content from these letters found it's way in the Recruitment Applications at my alma mater: MDI, Gurgaon.

3. Another good friend pinged at about 2:45 (I was offline), probably for similar reasons as the friend in #1. Also, he owed me some money.

4. My Room mate woke up because of the 7 new messages tringing up his inbox (The message was the same as the one above, I had sent it to him). He cussed at me, and went back to sleep. Serves me right.

5. There was another email and text from close friends waiting for me when I woke up.
If I were you, I would not read this post beyond the full stop of this sentence, it's just way too long, okay next sentence. Therefore, that email and my response to it will form the next post.

6. I have finally started writing again. Some of this will go to my blog. I know nobody reads it. Not even I do. But they should.

1 comment:

rashmi said...

the responses yu got, ppl checkin out on whether or not yu r alryt, wz worth all those years, all those times . . . none of it gets wasted anyway . . . n since yu kno yu hv helped and influencd people, its totally d most yu cud do
n purpose of life on dis earth according to me is to contribute in evolution, al of us r tryin to make the stay as pleasant for us as possible . . . luks lyk yu did wel on dat zone too . . .so cheers :)
P.S. grown up . . .dat toh yu have !!!

Followers